At Brantwood we very much value the relationship with our stakeholders. We would hope that all of our staff are able to be approached to address any concerns that you may have, both professionally and courteously.

Should you feel that your concern has not been addressed we would ask that you speak to our concerns and complaints officer. If you are not satisfied that your concern has been resolved the school has a complaints policy for you to follow which can be found online.


Period Number of Complaints Resolved
2022/23  3 3

Who can make a complaint?

This complaints procedure is not limited to parents or carers of children that are registered at the school. Any person, including members of the public, may make a complaint to Brantwood about any provision of facilities or services that we provide. Unless complaints are dealt with under separate statutory procedures (such as appeals relating to exclusions or admissions), we will use this complaints procedure.

The difference between a concern and a complaint

A concern may be defined as ‘an expression of worry or doubt over an issue considered to be important for which reassurances are sought’.

A complaint may be defined as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction however made, about actions taken or a lack of action’.

It is in everyone’s interest that concerns and complaints are resolved at the earliest possible stage. Many issues can be resolved informally, without the need to use the formal stages of the complaint’s procedure. Brantwood take concerns seriously and will make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

If you have difficulty discussing a concern with a particular member of staff, we will respect your views. In these cases, Brantwood’s concerns and complaints officer will refer you to another staff member. Similarly, if the member of staff directly involved feels unable to deal with a concern, the concerns and complaints officer will refer you to another staff member. The member of staff may be more senior but does not have to be. The ability to consider the concern objectively and impartially is more important.

We understand however, that there are occasions when people would like to raise their concerns formally. In this case, Brantwood will attempt to resolve the issue internally, through the stages outlined within this complaints procedure.

How to raise a concern or make a complaint

A concern or complaint can be made in person, in writing or by telephone. They may also be made by a third party acting on behalf on a complainant, as long as they have appropriate consent to do so.

The concerns/ complaint should be raised with the concerns and complaints officer. If the issue remains unresolved, the next step is to make a formal complaint. 

We would very much hope that any concerns or complaints can be resolved quickly and are working to ensure that communication with our stakeholders is a priority for the school.

Concerns and Complaints Officer: Laura Hallewell